- 44% of victims are under age 18
- 80% are under age 30
Sexual Assault Numbers
- Every 2 minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted
- There is an average of 207,754 victims (age 12 or older) of sexual assault each year
Sexual Assault in Numbers
Reporting to Police
- 60% of sexual assaults are not reported to the police
- 15 of 16 rapists will never spend a day in jail
- Approximately 2/3 of assaults are committed by someone known to the victim
- 38% of rapists are a friend or acquaintance
Who is responsible for this? Why women are this much insecure in this world?
When a girl/woman gets raped she became the black icon for whole world even in her own house.... Parents feel ashamed/scared because of the society,surroundings....... no one willing to marry her.... she is banned from every institution/every kind of activities as she becomes impure soul........ But the guy the responsible one moves on like a free bird.... He never ever feels guilty not by himself or by surroundings..... Why a criminal is free and not punished by surroundings only because he is a guy? Law/police everything is there but tell me how many such incidents come forward and deeply investigated with honest verdict..............................